Wednesday 10 February 2010

Going Green with Vaseline...?

Are Vaseline and other petroleum products environmentally sound...?  asks Jane Green in the Guardian.


I find Vaseline and similar petroleum products, including many sold for use in eczema, make for good, cheap moisturisers. But are these products environmentally sound? If I thought using them was contributing to excessive use of oil reserves I would try to find alternatives. What do you think?


Jane Green asks on email

Jane, thanks for the question. I must say that I'm a little concerned about how much of these products you apply to yourself that leads you to wonder whether you might be helping to deplete the world's oil reserves....

replies Leo&Lucy

Other helpful readers then chip in with their worries......It's really hard being a Guardian reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment